Thursday, February 02, 2006

Mandinavia - a small country in Tiffin Ohio. (Population: 1; Primary Exports: sawdust, empty Fresca cans.)

I'm making the necessary preparations for the 2006 Daytona 500 - just 17 more days.
I had the new cement floor poured in the garage, installed shop lights and electric outlets (SIX on one wall!) and the pegboard went up earlier this week. But when I went to put the covers on I realized I need to move the boxes out about 1/4" to get a good fit for the faceplate. I cut out my workbench and will begin assembling it this weekend if I can make time. I picked up the bigger size Mr. Heater at TSC, and it works great. I connected it to my grill tank, which I placed outside and connected to the heater with a hose through the wall. On a cold night it warms the garage up nicely at medium setting. High is too hot - after about 3 hours, I had to turn it down from Med to Lo.

I decided to make the bench 8 feet long and 33" deep. I think it will be 40" tall. Also, I will have a sitting bench that will be shorter and only 5' feet long, but also 33" deep. After that I plan to add an assembly table. I'm still waffling on a finish. I don't care for the plastic-ness of polyurethane, and I'm thinking of Danish Oil or something like that. . . any ideas?

Once the workbench is up, then I'll have a place for the coffee maker and the TV so I can watch the race in the garage. . .

No comments: