Saturday, April 09, 2005

Jamie Miller wins the 305 feature!


Opening Night at Attica was a total hoot. Congratulations to Byron Reed who won the 410 Feature and Mike Marteney who won the Limited Lates.

Most of all, congratulations to Jamie Miller who won the 305s and received the Area Business Challenge bonus. As a Business Challenge Sponsor, Duane Hancock was kind enough to let me personally hand Jamie his $150 cash from Jeff Hoyda Dentistry, Burns Electric, and me, with a gift certificate for Holiday Inn.

I am a pretty new fan, but even I could tell that Jamie ran strong the whole race and shook off all challenges. In victory lane, he told the radio announcer he was nearly speechless. I told him it was a helluva fun race to watch. He smiled real big and said it was a helluva fun race to drive.

I really want to say thanks to Duane Hancock, who is working tirelessly to promote the track and to see that the sponsors get mentioned often. In the middle of his many Opening Night duties, he took time to be a great host, made me feel very welcome, and introduced me to some of the drivers in the pit area, including Dustin Keegan, Craig Mintz, and others whose names escape me at the moment.

Everybody was very friendly. I had one disappointment - my camera batteries died before Duane could snap a picture with me and Jamie Miller in the winner's circle. There were about five photographers there, so if anyone comes across a photo of me with Jamie, let me know! I'd like to get one. Next time I will bring backup batteries.

No comments: